Monday, December 7, 2009

Making Christmas Cookies

I’ve done the impossible. I’ve finally cured myself of my uncontrollable urge for all things sugar. How you ask?


My mom and I just finished making about 150 Christmas cookies with my kids, my three nephews and my niece. That’s a total of seven kids or if you’re using kitchen math – seventy fingers flinging around flour and cookie dough.

Here was the finished product:





Now here’s what the table looked like fifteen minutes later after the kids and I finished feasting.





Just kidding. There’s still a nibble or two left for Santa if he doesn’t mind crumbs. And if we need to, we’ll make another batch. Here's the recipe if you're interested:

Stick of Butter (melted)
One egg
One Cake mix (any flavor)

Combine all ingredients.  Chill for two or more hours.  Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes or until done.

Icing:
Two cups powdered sugar
3 t. meringue powder
Enough water to make a glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment