Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's Official

Lauren is now a Girl Scout.

We had our bridging ceremony where the girls left behind their days of being Brownie Scouts (or Baby Scouts as they liked to say because as third graders, they're much too mature to be toward the bottom level of scouting.)

They're now full-fledged scouts and I have about a hundred pictures to prove it.  Bob gave Chris the camera during the ceremony and because he's never been allowed to use the camera before, it was like letting a kid loose in a candy shop.  I'm surprised he didn't fill the memory card.

Below you can see Lauren in front of the giant cake my Mom decorated for the troop.  Apparently artistic skill skips a generation 'cause if I would have done the cake, it would have been covered with sprinkles.  Sprinkles and that's it!



Here we are getting ready to light the candles.  We practiced this about a dozen times because I didn't want to go down in Girl Scout history as the scout leader whose troop lit their hair on fire during the candle ceremony.



Here's Lauren anxiously waiting to take off the Brownie vest.

It's official. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Lauren I said A Big Congratulations!

    And I can see the love you have for your kids not only in your writing, but in you face in each picture.

    ReplyDelete